Graphic Surgery understands that the privacy and security of your personal and account information, and that of your patients, is important to you. Therefore, we have adopted the following confidentiality standards that are designed to protect this information.
- When you or your patients browse the public areas of the Graphic Surgery web site, no personal or account information is retrieved from the web site.
- If you access the areas of the web site designed for subscriber only, you or your designated representatives are required to provide User IDs and passwords (which only you or your representatives know). Passwords should never be shared with anyone other than your designated representatives and should be changed periodically.
- By accessing a subscriber-only area of the web site, you explicitly consent to the collection, processing, retrieval and storage of your personal and account information, and that of your patients, by Graphic Surgery. We collect this information for the following purposes: (1) to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, (2) to provide you with the services and products that you have requested, (3) in connection with responding to or defending against any future claims, demands or legal proceedings involving you, Graphic Surgery, your hospital, physicians' groups, physician representatives or other medical professionals in the treatment of your patients as designated by you ("Health Care Providers"), (4) to respond to requests in connection with any such Health Care Provider's insurance coverage, and (5) in order to meet other requests made by you, your patients or such Health Care Providers.
- This information, and that of your patients, particularly as it relates to access and use of the web site, may be disclosed by us to third parties, may be used by us and by such third parties, to the extent that such disclosure and use is compatible with the purposes for which we originally collected the information or to meet requests made by you or your patients.
- Graphic Surgery may generate retrospective and clinical research studies which may include your personal and account information, and that of your patients, so long as it is presented in an anonymous manner.
- Except as set forth above, Graphic Surgery will not sell or distribute your personal or account information, or that of your patients, for profit or otherwise, to third parties. When we share such information with an agent or affiliate, we protect that information with a strict confidentiality agreement. Companies that we hire to provide support services or act as our agent must comply with our privacy standards. Graphic Surgery is not responsible for the disclosure of your personal and account information, or that of your patients, made by any third party. By accessing a subscriber-only area of the web site, you acknowledge, agree and consent to the transfer of any personal information that is maintained within the European Union ("EU") to countries outside the EU in a manner consistent with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
If you wish to review your personal and account information, or that of your patients, that we have in our records, or if you have any questions about your personal or account information, or that of your patients, please contact us at Graphic Surgery. Our records are maintained with certain security measures which we believe will prevent the data from being modified without documenting such modification. However, we cannot guarantee that such security measures will prevent unauthorized access to, or modification of, your personal and account information or that of your patients. If you believe any of the information in our records pertaining to you, or that of your patients, is inaccurate, you may request that we amend our records. However, before we will change any data in our records, you have the burden of proving that our records are inaccurate. You acknowledge and agree that in order to cover our administrative costs, we may assess a fee for investigating your claims.